Friday, January 20, 2012

Jack's Humanity

I wrote this a few years ago and found it hidden in my computer files. 24 is one of my favorite shows, so when I needed to write a poem for my creative writing class I decided to write one on Jack Bauer and all of his adventures and sorrows. Enjoy.


A few years ago my wife was killed because of my job
My daughter has never been the same since.
Through the years what did I get?
A pat on the back
A demotion
A heroin addiction
A near capture by the People’s Republic of China
A false goodbye to my daughter and
A kiss from my wife’s killer.
Damn it!

I had to fake my own death and leave behind everyone I knew and loved.

I lost my best friends, Tony Almeida, Michelle Dressler, and President David Palmer
Yet, I continue to serve the cause I believe this country stands for.
Damn it!

This government has no integrity!

They say this job isn’t supposed to become personal
It felt pretty personal when they killed my wife!
I was betrayed by the oval office
I had to bring down the most powerful man in the world
Out of personal revenge for the havoc he created.
I was exposed and given to the People’s Republic of China by my own family
Then traded back
And left for dead by the government I served for so many years.
Damn it!

Escaping to Africa

Wanting to hide from the world
Instead I became immersed in genocide.
They still found me and punished me for everything I had accomplished for this country.
Perhaps I feel too much?
Maybe they’re right?
There is no room for feeling in this job.

Today I can fight and die for something my way….my choice…

To be honest it would be a relief.
Whether it’s a presidential assassination
A nuclear threat
A biological virus
Uncovering a federal conspiracy
Stopping Russian separatists
Or working with terrorists.
Damn It!

I know what you think your doing is right but it is my job to not let that happen.

As crazy as that sounds you’re going to have to trust me.
Stop wasting my time, gimme a name!
The only reason you’re not unconscious is because I don’t want to carry you.
When I’m finished with you you’re going to wish you felt this good again.
You want results I’m about to get my hands dirty…..give me a hacksaw!
Damn it!

There are things in this world that are out of our control.

Sometimes we like to blame ourselves
So we can make sense out of them
This isn’t over yet.

I’m federal agent Jack Bauer, CTU’s finest and

Today is the longest day of my life
Damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of my entries.